The Student News Site of East Lansing High School

Portrait

Portrait

Portrait

Conversations to connections

Students from various grades connect with each other during Convo Club
Photo by Eleah Major
Matea Smith(left), Eryin Seigel, Sam Tuinstra, Kelly Maier, and Alex Paddock(right), all juniors listen to the story being told in conversation club on Nov 27.

Co-president of the Convo Club, Maureen Rojewski (11), gives us a peek at the newly founded club as the president needed a right hand to help her and this sounded like a fun idea to Rojewski. “ It’s a place where people can talk about things that they’re passionate about. Members make seven minute presentations about whatever they’re passionate about and present it to the club,” Rojewski said. Convo club is a new club at the high school and as every club is formed for a reason, Rojewski talks about her connection with the club, “In all seriousness I love talking to people in general, I have a very hard time not talking and I cannot take the credit of the idea that formed this club as that was all the president Sophia Magyar,” Rojewski said.

Sophia Magyar(11) and Timothy Akers take part in the heated discussion going on in convo club on Nov 27. (Photo by Eleah Major)

A club isn’t a club without members and meetings. The Convo Club meets once a month on Mondays, this kind of shifts based on breaks and other things but it’s always the third Monday of the month.  Samantha Tuinstra (11) , a member of the club talks about her experience in Convo Club. “ I’ve been to one of the two meetings so far and all i have to say is that I loved it,” Tuinstra said. She also talks about what they did that day which was go through this Reddit thread called “Am I the A-hole in this Situation,” and members gave their opinions.

Convo club is a good and fun time as you’ve  read. “I feel like it’s a way where we can share our opinions and not be judged too much,” Tuinstra said.