The Student News Site of East Lansing High School

Portrait

Portrait

Portrait

Springing into sports

From girls water polo to track and field, the spring athletic season is a busy time of year for student athletes. Before the school year ends, I encourage you to go out and support your fellow classmates at their sporting events. Here is a collection of photographs from the season so far from Portrait and Ceniad photographers.
Elizabeth Wright (10) smiles at her teammate Olin Moyer (10) as the team collects to discuss their next drill during practice on April 4.
While preparing for an upcoming home tournament, Bella Gast (10) catches the ball while practicing on April 4. (Photo by Nina VanOtteren)
No. 13, Ava Letts (10) pitches the softball during the girls junior Varsity softball game against Haslett on April 9.
Sama Sakhi (11) holds her racket out to hit the ball during girls junior Varsity tennis practice on April 10. (Photo by Nina VanOtteren)
Bodhi Alwin (10) preparing to catch a baseball in the Junior Varsity game against Haslett on April 9.
Jack Frommeyer (11) follows through his pitch during the junior Varsity baseball game against Haslett on April 9. (Photo by Taylor Nelson)
Sam Kreft (10) follows through his swing during the boys Varsity golf game on April 9.
William Severin (10) swings back his golf club to hit a ball during the boys Junior Varsity golf CAAC opening Jamboree on April 9.
Anna Phillips (12) fends off a defender while preparing to catch the ball during the girls Varsity lacrosse game against Saginaw Heritage on April 9.
Caddie Martin (11) catches the ball in the Varsity girls lacrosse game against Saginaw Heritage on April 9.